Monday, March 19, 2007

Good Job Hunting

Well it's official: I'm changing jobs.

After working at the same place for 9 years (and always making below the low-end for my position) I finally decided to start looking for another job. My friend Christine has some mad skillz in this arena and helped me out more than I can say. After a few months of no-pressure searching, I found myself on a couple of interviews with some companies. One of them went very well.

In two weeks I'll be starting with a computer consulting company that provides IT solutions. It's a nice bump in position/title, with a decent increase in pay to make it worth all the hard work I'm expecting to be doing. My official title will be Network Engineer and it's looking to be a position that will challenge me and help me grow in experience. The folks at the new place all seem to be good people and I got along with them from the start. I'm glad they could see my potential and found me to be a good fit for what they were looking for. I'm really looking forward to this!

I must admit that I've got mixed feelings: I'll miss the people I've worked with for so long. It'll feel strange going to a different place in the morning than I have been for the past 9+ years. It's also very exciting and full of interesting challenges!

The whole process has been a series of new experiences for me. Most of all, I feel a lot more confident about my future -- and most of all, about myself. We'll see how it goes!

This entry is moving on to bigger things.


New Fool said...

Hey, good luck to ya!

BuzzKill said...

Thanks! Do I know you? :)

TheMightyQuinn said...

SWEEEEEEEET!!! Congrats' my friend! I'm sure you'll great and I hope you'll enjoy your new job