Wednesday, July 06, 2005

A day of random thoughts

Today I awoke feeling refreshed and well rested. This isn't a normal morning for me. To those around me, I seem to be what most people call "a morning person", but they would be wrong. I enjoy staying up late at night and sleeping in. There isn't much fun in waking up early, regardless of the reason - with rare exceptions, of course. So I grunt through it and put on a happy face and just make the most of it.

I've apparrently been "zinged" by a friend of mine for a comment I made to her on AIM last night. I suppose I deserved it for not being more clear about what I meant, but then again, I could just as easily have been right. There's no way to know for sure unless the situation came up, but I stand by my comment - and there is no "grudge" about it. It was interesting when I found myself reading her blog and actually blushing in embarrassment. This is a big deal for somebody who prides themselves on never getting embarrassed. Touché!

First thing this morning, I took my dad's car in to the shop to figure out what was wrong with it and was surprised at how simple, yet expensive the cost would be to fix it. The brake master cylinder needs to be replaced as well as the ignitor module. Altogether this would cost around $800-$900 to fix, around $650 of it in parts alone. Interesting. The shop I go to (Bay Auto in Costa Mesa, CA - no website, sorry) is a small shop with "old school" mechanics. They'll often tell me to start the car and listen to it and point to a part and say something like, "That part right there. You can do that one yourself for about 30 bucks." They've never been wrong, either. I'll have to visit some local junk yards to see if they have the part I need (and for cheap) to do the ignitor module - which I know I can do myself. I'll leave the brake master cylinder to somebody with the right tools and more know-how.

This weekend will be a busy one. My dad is coming out (to possibly pick up the car), I'll be doing work for a client (upgrading their antivirus software and such), and then packing and leaving for a camping trip. If it weren't for the fact that I know I'll be relaxing in the great outdoors for 3 days with my good pal Quinn, I might be annoyed at all the hustling. After camping I have the remainder of the week and following weekend to relax and recharge.

Shannon is getting geared up for her Burning Man trip. It looks like a lot of fun and she should have a blast. It's definitely not something I'd be up for doing, mainly due to the heat, but it is intriguing. She was nice enough to loan me her tent for my camping trip, since mine seems to have disappeared along with some of my other camping gear.

As I sit here typing, I hear what sounds like a cat meowing outside my office window. It's still making the noise, so I think I'll go out and investigate...

...nope, couldn't find anything and now the sound is gone. The windows are pretty thick, so it could just as easily have been a crow. I'll keep my ears open.

Jennie had a mole removed from her ass yesterday. So to celebrate, she picked Rece and I up from our place and we went to "Taco Tuesday" at El Torito Grill last night. She was itchin for a margarita and some tacos, especially after having been poked in the butt by a doctor - and who wouldn't? So we spent most of our time together talking and interjecting ass jokes throughout our conversation.

This entry brought to you by the Chickens for a Brighter
Tomorrow Project. Check your local listings.

No comments: