Monday, March 20, 2006

Performancing, take two...

This is my second entry made using the Performancing extension for Firefox that I mentioned yesterday. While it seems to work just fine for creating new posts, it has given me trouble when I attempt to edit an existing post.

For my next trick, I'll attempt to insert a couple of images and see what this thing allows me to do with them. Here goes...



The above images should be right next to eachother, with a single space (I hit the spacebar) between them.

Ok, so the left image was inserted without any resizing. The image on the right was inserted and then resized within the Performancing screen (grab a corner). The really neat thing that I noticed right away was that the image size (in pixels) was displayed as I was resizing the image. That's a very handy tool!

I also made the image on the right a hyperlink. I was disappointed that it didn't offer a target option, so I was forced to go into the HTML edit mode and add the target="_blank" tag manually. In the editor there's a blue border around the hyperlinked image, but I don't see any border tags in HTML edit mode, so we'll see if that carries over after posting.

Alright, time to post this and see what happens...

This entry was done while bored at lunch.

No comments: