Tuesday, May 15, 2007

New Job, New Camera

I've kept this quiet for a variety of reasons, but I ended up getting laid off at the new job I found. 2 weeks after I started, they lost a major contract and the loss of it caused the owner to let 3 people go 2 weeks following the incident. Being the lowest on the totem pole, I was obviously one of them.

Luckily my friend Christine is an amazing job placement professional, so she went right to work in finding me opportunities to apply for. Less than 2 days after I was unemployed, I had a phone interview, and a day later I had an in-person interview with the same company. They put me through a test, which turned out to be ridiculously simple. I got an offer the following Tuesday, countered on Wednesday and got the job. So I was out of work for 9 days ... not too shabby!

Today is my second day with this new company and I'm already contributing. We went to 3 client locations yesterday (Monday) and I ended up finding the solution to every problem we encountered. It felt good.

So now the cat is out of the bag, as they say. Moving right along ...

Client quote of the week: "Norton didn't seem to like it, so he dropped the Google!"



A friend of mine recently purchased herself a new camera. She's really enjoying it and decided that her old camera needed a good home, so she emailed me and offered to let me have it. I couldn't pass it up.

It isn't a major upgrade, since it's the same resolution (3.2 MP), but it has a much better lens and a 10x optical zoom, plus a macro mode. I've only snapped a few pictures so far and they've turned out pretty good. We'll see how much I can get out of it as time goes by.

This entry just keeps plodding along.

No comments: