Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Sniffle... cough...

I've been sick for the last 4 days now, going on 5. Technically I've been fighting something off for the last month or two, but I don't think that counts, despite what Shannon tries to tell me. Denial is a wonderful and horrible thing, isn't it?

So last week, on Thursday, I start feeling really bad. Bad enough to leave work early, which I'm reluctant to do under most circumstances. It started with the aches and then moved on to a fever. It took me 3 times of using the "bundle-up-like-a-burrito-and-sweat-it-out" technique in order to break the fever, leaving me very weak and tired and still aching.

On top of all this, I was supposed to be getting things ready for Rece's birthday party. I swear, if it weren't for Shannon, it wouldn't have happened. She not only went out of her way to play nursemaid to my sick (and whiney) ass, she also dug in and helped get things organized for his party. She went way above and beyond the call of duty this time! She so rocks!

So yeah, sick... I was sick all the way through Rece's party on Sunday, but finally caved in and went to the doctor right after it was over. Feeling like crap, I called in sick on Monday and I called my boss just an hour ago to let him know that I wasn't going to be coming in Tuesday either. I feel much better, but I need to rest and let the antibiotics do what they need to do.

Sleep isn't in the cards for me at the moment, as I've been sleeping so much since this bug invaded and took over my body. At the moment, I'm a sleepless and phlegmy mess, but on the way towards recovery.

One cool thing about all of this is that my voice sounds awesome. So I've been doing all sorts of voices that I am unable to make while healthy. Hey, it keeps me entertained!

This entry brought to you by BANG BANG, you're dead!

No comments: