Friday, May 12, 2006

Klaatu barada nikto

Read about this fellow who managed to change the display of one of those construction signs often found on the side of the road. I found it pretty funny.
In other news: Today makes the 3rd day in a row that I've had to take a cold shower. It seems that one of the water heaters for our apartments went out and either they haven't replaced it yet or they did something wrong when the did. I barely had enough heat to wash dishes the night before, let alone take a shower.

I was so irritated by this that I put up a sign at the mailboxes (the only place that all tenants are likely at some point during the day to be) telling people to call the management company and tell them that there's a problem.

After I put up the sign, I ran into my next-door neighbor and asked how his water situation was. Of course it was the same. I asked if he had called the landlords yet and to my astonishment he said "no". What's with people like this? Do they expect that things will get fixed all by themselves? I suggested that he give them a call so that they hear more than just my voice over and over complaining about broken things around the place. He said he would give them a call. This is the same guy that had the solar water heating pipes over his apartment leaking and dripping down on/over his balcony for a month... I'm guessing he didn't call then either, because I finally got tired of hearing a trickle of water and called - the problem got fixed within a few days.

This isn't the first time that this apartment management company has taken their time to fix something. About a year ago the water main going into the apartments broke and was gushing water at an astonishing rate (this was also a morning when showering was a problem). I called them about it before going in to work (8:00 am) and when I arrived back at home (5:15 pm), it still hadn't been fixed! About 20 minutes after I arrived, a plumbing truck pulled up and they had the problem fixed in less than 10 minutes. ARRG!

Anyhow, I'm hoping that they get this problem fixed soon!

This entry didn't need coffee in order to wake up this morning...

No comments: