Monday, May 15, 2006

Mental doodles

Yep, that's the best title I could come up with.

My hot water situation is a little better now. While I still don't have hot water, it's at least a bit warmer and I'm not walking out of the shower shivering. I spoke with the management and they said that they had a water heater blow out, but that there were still two that were operating. Apparently only one other apartment (out of 11) had called to complain about the water situation. This makes no sense to me. Stupid neighbors.

I left a message letting them know that I was still only getting minimal water temperature yesterday. Hopefully they send somebody out to get things working properly today.

Last Thursday I went to E3. A friend of mine hooked me up with a pass to get in. My name for the day was Christopher (last name omitted). This was the first time that I'd had the option to go and I was lucky that my boss was cool about only having 4 hours notice of wanting to take the day off. There was so much to see and take in.

The "booth babes" were hot. The gadgets were cool. The game graphics were incredible!

I was lucky enough to get into a 30-person Huxley tournament. It's another one of your typical first-person shooters. We were in 2 teams of 15 and prizes were awarded to the top 5 players. I came in 5th place, which yielded some nifty swag - not to mention pride in doing so well in a game I hadn't ever played before.
On Saturday I went to the Renaissance Faire with Rece, my ex, and one of her girlfriends (who bought the tickets). This was the first time for me at a RenFaire. It was a total blast! If you're a "boob man" like me, this is the place to be. You'll likely never see so many women in push-up corsets in one place anywhere else! I definitely want to go back next year in full costume - no, not in a corset.
Sunday (Mother's Day) I got to talk with my mom for awhile. It was nice to catch up and hear that she's doing well. I worry about her sometimes, as her lifestyle doesn't seem to include much security for the future. I do envy her for being able to do what she enjoys and on her own terms, though.

This entry staggered down a path, going nowhere in particular.

1 comment:

Quinn said...

Every year I say I want to go to the Renfaire but I always seem to miss it. Now I'm gonna have to make sure I get to it next year. :)