Thursday, July 20, 2006

Grammar Nazi

Well, according to Godwin's Law, I've already lost my argument by starting this post with a comparison to Nazis. Oh well...

The written word comes easier for some people, but definitely not all. Hell, I know for certain that I'm far from following all the rules and best practices. One of the things that is very important to me is the correct usage (thanks anonymous!) of words - spelling and grammar. I read this article about some common grammar mistakes that I thought might be helpful for some people to read.

Beyond simple grammar, people often use words that sound the same in the wrong place. This web page has a pretty good list and description of how they're meant to be used.

So there you have it. My anal-retentive tendencies have gotten the best of me and now I'm getting persnickety.

This entry is afraid too know if your going to hate him allot for pointing out spelling and grammar mistakes. Heed hate to loose any friends!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"One of the things that is very important to me is the correct use of words - spelling and grammar."

Usage: The way in which words or phrases are actually used, spoken, or written in a speech community.

BuzzKill said...

Okay, this made me laugh. Too funny!

As I said:

"I know for certain that I'm far from following all the rules and best practices."

I wish I knew who this particular "anonymous" was so I could shake their hand! :)

Quinn said...

Ha ha, who is the grammer Nazi now?

Though, my favorite was one of the comments in the article you linked to.
"I hate that leet speak crap. lol"