Monday, July 10, 2006

Ready to go!

Because of odd scheduling conflicts, I had to delay leaving on our camping trip for a day. Hopefully we'll be on the road by noon tomorrow. It's a good thing that I had a couple of days to fudge with, otherwise the trip would have to be shortened - which would have been no good.

Both Rece and I are anxious to hit the road. This is our annual camping trip and it's gonna be a blast, I just know it. In the past our camp-outs have lasted only as much as 3 days + 2 nights - but this time we're going for a whopping 4 days + 3 nights. Yeah, living on the edge... that's how I roll, yo.

What's going to be a little different this time is that we're going to make a deliberate effort to create a true photojournal of the trip. I mean that we'll take pictures of everything we do - and a lot more of ourselves (using a tripod, as opposed to our typical arm-length shots).

There's also a great spot right at the ocean where we keep saying will make for a good picnic spot, but never seem to do it... well, we're gonna do it this time. Yep, I said it - a picnic on coastal cliffs, overlooking tidepools. I don't care if saying it gets me 20 years behind bars for sitting on a blanket and eating roast beef sammiches!

So anyhow, I just now (yep, mid-blog writing) decided against bringing beer and crossed it off the list. Why bother? It's just Rece and I. Wow... why did I even bother to write that?

This entry wants to go sleep in a tent... NOW!

1 comment:

Quinn said...

Have a great trip and happy upcoming birthday.