Monday, August 14, 2006

Could I Borrow Your Jackhammer?

So yeah, I've been blogging less lately. No reason for it, really - I just haven't.

So let's see... hmm... last week I cleaned my apartment. Now to say this seems rather mundane, but for those who have actually seen what it used to look like, it's a big change. If you looked at my webcam before (or even after) I cleaned, you wouldn't have seen it either - as that was the area I kept the most clean. Just out of view there were piles of clutter - lots of piles.

When I got back from my camping trip the sight of my messy apartment hit me full-force. I guess I had simply gotten used to the mess over time. Seeing it after being away for nearly a week put it into perspective. So I had started cleaning, but not really as hard as I should have. Last week I had a friend coming over for dinner and it was just the push I needed to get my ass in gear to clean. It looks great! Now I just need to maintain it to keep it this way.

My friend came over, remarked at how clean it was (YES!), we had a lovely dinner, and then had a great time hanging out at the beach.

On Saturday I picked up a couple of things from Ikea to help spruce up my pad a bit. The 2 chairs in my living room had become rather dirty and because they're made of canvas, they absorbed pretty anything that came into contact with them - but were a bitch to clean. Well now they have covers on them that can be removed and washed if needed.



Coming up on Thursday; Quinn, Christine, Rece, & I are going to see Nickelback in concert at The Pond of Anaheim. We got free tickets through my work. They're far from being my favorite band in the world, but I like a couple of the songs I've heard on the radio, plus the tickets are free - so why not?



An aside from my life: The terrorists won, sorta, with their plot to blow up planes with liquid explosives. See, even though their plan failed, they put themselves and their cause into the minds of millions. Scaring people and governments to the point where many people's lives were disrupted. It's getting to the point where they don't even have to kill anybody to terrorize them. Just the potential of it is enough to get people to change their lives, live in fear, and see/hear/think about terrorists.

I came across this little comic strip that helps illustrate my view on this.

This entry would like to get out of the box. He doesn't
know how he got in there, but he really wants out now!

1 comment:

Quinn said...

The new covers look good! Now you just need one for the sofa so they'd match. :)

w00t! Nickelback! Can't wait!!! Is this gonna be Rece's first concert? Or has he been already?