Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Over-Qualified!

The job that I interviewed for (twice) 2 weeks ago washed out. The guy from the second interview called me yesterday and told me flat-out that since I'd be working for him and we're pretty much at the same level of experience and knowledge, they didn't think it such a good idea to hire me. It makes sense, and I told him that I was afraid this would be the case seeing what he needed.

I'm not really disappointed, since this was a worry of mine as well. I sent my resume in after a friend tipped me off about an opening they had, with no idea for what job I was applying. This was some good practice and a healthy boost to my confidence in the job market. The notion that I could make at least what I'm making now for a lower position helps me put things into perspective.

This entry wants a job that's challenging and worth-while - that pays what it's worth!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

you'll find something better - good luck on your search! =)