Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Cool & Confident

Well the first interview (yesterday) went well. Though after finding out more about the position, it seems like a step backwards in position with only a modest increase in pay (see how much less I'm making where I'm at?!? I can find a job in a lower position for more than what I make at my current job!). I'm afraid that I might be over-qualified for this one, possibly to the point where the position wouldn't be challenging enough. If the pay difference was significant enough, I'd likely take it, but for just a few thousand more a year I'd be more inclined to just stay where I'm at - at least for now.

Anyhow, less than 2 hours after the initial interview they called me and left a message to see about setting up a second interview right away. From what I can tell, that's a pretty good sign. So after work today I'll be going there to meet the department head and see what he has to say. I feel that I owe it to myself to ride this out to the end and at least see what they're offering. We'll see what happens!

This entry feels much better after 2 cool nights of restful sleep.

1 comment:

SamanthieR said...

Buzzkill about your comment I cant I dont know the #. I know address thats it.