Tuesday, October 11, 2005

It's madness, I tell you!

It's Tuesday and I'm in good spirits, despite being a little tired and it being unusually warm in my office. Hmm... I think I'll go grab a cup of coffee and adjust the thermostat. Be right back...

...that's better! Thanks for waiting.

A funny thing occurred to me a couple of days ago. It seems that I'm still stuck in the mode of shopping and cooking for 3 people. I guess that after doing it for so long, I developed a habit. I need to cut down on this, as it's a waste of money - not to mention a waste of food.

Rece is having difficulties in school. He's very smart and tests high, yet doesn't seem to be self-motivating and thus unable to be productive at school. For example, he was given an assignment that should have taken approximately 90 minutes to complete. He was given 120 minutes to complete it, but the only thing he managed to get done at all was put his name on the paper. This is extremely frustrating to me, since I don't have a clue about how to handle this. I can monitor his homework, help him practice his spelling words, answer questions when he's stuck on something, and assist him on projects when needed - but he's on his own when he's at school. How does a parent help his child to learn to be self-motivated? I seriously don't know how to handle this one and I'm frustrated at both him and myself about it.

Work is still a bit stressful lately, but I did manage to do everything I was asked to do last week. I had to put off a couple of things, but that's time-management for ya. Last night we had something strange happen on the network. For some reason we had massive traffic on the internal network that caused nearly everything to grind to a halt. We were lucky that this happened at around 4:45 pm, so staff just went ahead and left for home. After 2 and 1/2 hours of scratching our heads, my boss and I got things running right again. We never did find out what was the cause, which left us uneasy. Hopefully it was just a one-time glitch with a network switch or something. If it repeats, we'll have our hands full.

This entry was a series of random thoughts from yours truly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

okay, tell me this doesn't look just like you (but you know, green and ceramic) -Rhiannon