Friday, October 28, 2005

Like the Weather

This morning I was listening to some music while sitting at my desk, copying files from our old server to our new one. I queued up 10,000 Maniac's Like the Weather and went into my head for a little while; thinking of days past (like when the song originally came out) and also of how much I actually enjoy the weather at this time of the year in SoCal. This summer was too hot for me, which led to my wanting to stay indoors far too much. Now that it's cooled off and there are actually clouds in the sky, the urge to get outdoors has hit.

The last 2 weekends I've gone hiking with friends and, in about a week, I'll be going out to do it again. Geocaching has provided me with an added interest in getting out on the trails and communing with nature. My body has been craving the twinge of muscle burn received by walking up inclines and over long distances. This autumn and winter, I plan to treat my body to a buffet of physical activities.

This entry brought to you by lactic acid. Feel the burn.

No comments: