Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year!

We had a great weekend celebrating New Years with friends. Rece and I had a blast with our geocaching friends who let us sleep on their sofa so we could hang out for the majority of the weekend. Rece had stayed with them for most of the week, since he was out of school. They really are the coolest people!

This year marks a new beginning for me, it seems. 2005 was a crazy year: I went through a divorce, reconnected with a dear old friend, started dating, lost a good friend, fell in love...

Going forward I'm hoping to be able to hold on to the good things, understand and apply the lessons I've learned from the bad things, take more control over my own life and who or what I allow into it. I want to love more, learn to be more patient, enjoy spending time with my good friends more often, get out and experience life more, and just allow myself to feel and absorb everything that comes my way. I want to do my best to show how much I care for the people in my life. After all, what's so good about life if you can't share it with someone special?

... only the beginning. Only just the start.

This entry hopes to serve as a New Years Resolution, but it really isn't one.

No comments: