Thursday, January 26, 2006

The one about nothing in particular

Yep, another one of my rambling posts. I don't have a story or funny thing to report right now, but there are a few things from time to time that aren't enough to make a full post about, but that I sometimes feel like writing down. Here are some of them...
  • I miss my friends a lot, lately. They know who they are - and know that I miss them. Hopefully I'll see 2 of them over the course of this weekend.

  • Work seems strange lately. Since I've started here, I've felt like it was a nice and friendly place to work. As of late, things seem to be shifting to a more corporate feel. That seems like a bad move for a health and human services fundraising organization that's supposed to care for people.

  • Just realized that I haven't mentioned that I've got wheels again. That's right! I'm back to driving again. You don't realize how much freedom you have when you can just get into your car and go wherever you want on a whim, until you can't do it anymore. I've been resisting the urge to drive all over the place - gas is expensive, and I still have to get a couple things fixed on it before I'll feel safe enough to drive it long-distances. The funny part is that my dad might actually be taking this car back to use and giving me the one he's driving around (a 1995 V6 Ford Taurus Wagon). We'll see what happens.

  • Doing my best to keep exercising from home. It's just the basic push-ups, sit-ups, and wrist & bicep curls for now. Geocaching has helped by getting me out and walking/hiking more. The occasional walk/hike with some folks from work on a Saturday morning haven't hurt. What I've been missing the most of lately, though, is the night-caching.

  • Seems that my resolve to learn guitar has shifted a bit lately. I think I need some structured lessons. While I'll pick it up and try to learn what I can on my own, it's frustrating to think that there's probably an easier way to learn. I'm far from giving up on it, but the goal I set for myself of being able to play Under the Milky Way by The Church within 2 months might have been a bit too lofty. The urge to play the drums has been getting even stronger lately, too. Sherise (my ex) needs to get her car out of my garage before that'll happen.

  • Looks like I might start doing side-jobs again. Finances are OK right now, but I'd like more of a cushion. I'd also like some additional fun money. Now I just need to find some clients...

  • One of my friends just called me and described how her day was going. After hearing about her experience with a card-hungry ATM machine and a coffee and cream fiasco this morning, my day suddenly doesn't seem so bad. I told her that she should be careful and just stay indoors today.
This entry was brought to you by taco butt!

1 comment:

Quinn said...

If you guys knew even half the things I know about ATM machines...you wouldn't use them anymore.