Sunday, February 12, 2006

Love Cache?

Just got home after attending a Geocaching event (gathering) named "Love Cache" (yep, it's a spin-off of the B-52's song "Love Shack" - go ahead and sing it, I won't try to stop you). Not much love for BuzzKill (my geocaching alias) to find, as the single gals in their 30's that I was told would be there by the event organizer were nowhere to be found.

That didn't stop me from getting too much unwanted attention from a 14 y/o girl, though. EESH! This is the second time that I've been at one of these geocaching events where a minor (the first one was 15) ends up giving me ga-ga eyes and hangs around trying to talk with me for a good portion of the event, while I'm doing my best to talk with the adults. It's a very uncomfortable thing, I tell ya! At least this one didn't come straight out and proposition me. (shudder)

Speaking of strange minors; a boy - I'd have to guess around 9 or 10, walked up to the table where me and 5 other (adult) geocachers were seated and announced, "I just violated a cherry!" We stared at him sorta stunned for a moment before he grinned and held up a maraschino cherry skewered by a half a dozen plastic sword toothpicks. Uhm... yeah.

The event began to thin out after the raffle was over, so I decided to say my goodbyes and go home. On my way out to my car, I passed by the flirty 14 y/o who waited until I was 10-15 feet away before telling me to "shake it". What on Earth are parents teaching their kids these days!?

This entry ended up feeling rather creeped out when it got home.

4 comments:

Quinn said...

if you see a painted sign on the side of the road that say's 15 miles to the...
lo-o-o-o-o-o-o-ve cache

love cache, yeah ya...

All singing aside one must remember...14 will get you 20...or more. :D

BuzzKill said...

Yeah, I'm very well aware of the legal (and most importantly moral) ramifications of that. I'm just perplexed as to why this seems to follow me. ACK!

Quinn said...

That's just because your dead s-e-x-x-y

Anonymous said...

Wow...that's pretty scary. *shivers* I'm glad to say that I have yet to have that kind of experience....in fact...if you don't mind I'll live this experience vicariously through you. =P