Thursday, February 23, 2006

The one about 500 geocaches

With some help from my best friend, I achieved the 500 geocaches found mark a couple of days ago. We were out night caching (as we often tend to do) and nabbed the last 9 I needed. It feels pretty good to have gotten this far, especially since I'm not one to really care about the numbers when it comes to geocaching. It's mostly just a way for me to get out of my apartment, meet folks with similar interests, and enjoy spending time with some great people.

I also got around to hiding another cache, this one being a more out of the way/wilderness hide - like, as in you actually have to hike to it. It's in the foothills above Orange/Anaheim Hills, along some hiking/mountain biking trails. The location was found while I was out hiking with some friends from work last month. It just seemed so odd that there was a trail to this particular place, that I thought I'd hide a geocache there. I decided to call this one "Well-Defined Trail to Nowhere".

This entry was found aimlessly walking around a park in the middle of the night
holding a flashlight and staring at a strange cell phone-looking device
.

1 comment:

Quinn said...

Congrats' on the 500 found, man :D