Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Timing is everything

Yesterday I was talking about my experience with upgrading to the newest version of Firefox (version 1.5.0.1) and how that was going.

Today I received an email from US-CERT where I've signed up on their security alert mailing list. Today I received an email warning of vulnerabilities in Mozilla products. The solution? Upgrade to Firefox 1.5.0.1.

Here's a link to the article.

So... yeah. In order to ensure that you're not susceptible to the vulnerabilities, maybe an upgrade to version 1.5.0.1 is in order.

Just an additional FYI - This installation appears to be more stable than 1.5 and I haven't experienced even one lockup or crash in the day I've been using it. Of course a day isn't really a stress test, but it's more than just blindly installing it, right?

This entry was upgraded in the nick of time.

No comments: