Thursday, June 01, 2006

Getting into hot water here

Looking back a few blog posts I realized that I just sorta let the saga about my hot water problems go unresolved. Here's what ulimately happened:

After my last post about my water woes (haha... I just made that up!) I did manage to reach a live person at the apartment management company and she told me that they did have a water heater blow-out and that we were only down to 2 instead of the usual 3. She said that while we might run the chance of running out of hot water at peak times, we should still have plenty of hot water during off-peak hours - and I asserted that we didn't have any hot water, just warm at best. The next day I found a notice on my door that they'd need to enter my apartment the following afternoon so a plumber could check it out and I managed to get the time off so I could actually be there when they came.

That afternoon (day 6 of the ordeal) of waiting for the plumber to show up was a total waste of time - nobody showed up or even bothered to call. I wasn't very happy about that and called the apartment management to let them know about it. The following evening I found a message from the plumbers inquiring about setting up (another) time to come out. I never got around to calling them back.

Well, after a total of 8 days of cold, then luke-warm, and then warm showers, I magically started getting near-scalding water (if I turned only the hot water on). So I'm guessing either the temperature was increased (by our plumber neighbor - who was also tired of not having hot water) or they finally fixed the problem. What a pain.

This entry now enjoys virtually unlimited hot water!

No comments: