Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day!

This Father's Day was great! Rece turned off all the ringers on the phones and let me sleep in until around 10:00 am, then woke me up with a menu he had made. It had 4 options for breakfasts he could make me (eggs, cereal, oatmeal, or cream of wheat) along with a choice of beverage (milk or soda). I opted for the eggs, which he made along with some bacon and toast. He makes excellent scrambled eggs!

After serving me breakfast in bed (served on a baking pan, "I had to improvise" he said), he grabbed himself a bowl of cereal and joined me. We watched the World Cup games while we ate as there was not much else on, really. After that I got ready for the day and I called my dad to wish him a Happy Father's Day.

Not wanting to just lounge about the house all day, Rece and I went out Geocaching (here are some photos), taking our sweet time finding them. Most of the caches turned out to be near parks with playgrounds, so about a third of the time was spent with Rece playing and me dozing on a nearby bench. Our final geocaches found count for the day was 9, in around 4 hours. We had attempted to find 12, but as we really aren't in it for the numbers, we simply gave up on the ones that required a lot of effort - at least on this day.

Today was a nice reminder of how much I enjoy being a dad.

This entry made possible by the power of bacon smacker!

1 comment:

Quinn said...

Dude, your pictures are coming out really good recently. I love the "GiR reaches a crossroad" one. It looks cool how you have him center framed. It works...I like it!
And hey, those cool shades look familar :)