Monday, August 29, 2005

Hot, Hot, HOT!

No breeze, high temperatures, high humidity - I'm dying here! I wasn't built to withstand much heat. I can comfortably exist at 60°F, which isn't the norm for Southern California in August. This is the wrong climate for somebody like me; I need cool fresh air to breathe.

The last 3 weeks have been unusually warm. It's mostly due to the lack of an ocean breeze. The apartments where I live are usually very comfortable, not needing air conditioning for most of the year. Every so often we get these days here and there when the breeze dies down and we just get to stew in the heat. This summer we've had 3 or 4 weeks like that, which I don't recall happening in previous summers.

So I'm tired, as I don't rest well when warm. My throat feels dry, most likely due to having to sleep with the fans on (4 of them throughout the apartment). Besides that, I still feel warm most of the time. I'm not happy about this.

One day this will all be but an unpleasant memory, as I stand somewhere along the Oregon coast, enjoying a cool ocean breeze...

This entry brought to you by the Polar Bear Society.

1 comment:

Quinn said...

I hear ya brother....winter , or even fall will not come too soon...