Thursday, November 17, 2005

Privacy - Part 2

This morning I was "talked to" by my boss regarding the email I sent out yesterday. He said that HR wanted him to express that notifiying staff about this type of thing was not my job. Yet when I asked him what I did wrong and what I should do different in the future, he had no answer. I really wish he would have stood up for me, but I guess that's not the type of guy he is - aside from that, he's a really good boss, so I can't really complain. I'm still puzzled by what HR thinks I did wrong in this matter that warranted any action at all.

It wasn't an official reprimand or warning (yet), but I did tell him that I felt that I did no wrong in this matter and would stick by it, even if it meant ultimately getting written-up for it. I've never been written up here or at any other place of employment, so if it's going to happen, at least it'll be for something based on good principle.

I've asked HR for a sit-down meeting so we could clear the air about this. We'll be meeting tomorrow afternoon. I'll post an update after that.

This entry brought to you by PORK CHOP SANDWICHES!

1 comment:

Quinn said...

I guess you didn't get the memo...
;)